In this article, we will discuss the indications for the use of the drug Viferon, get acquainted with the permissible dosages and talk about possible analogues of the drug.
Instructions for use
Viferonis a preparation of human alpha-2 interferon. It is a protein that is normally produced by the body and serves to protect the body against infections and viruses.
The mechanism of action of the drug "Viferon"
- This medicine was developed by scientists of the pharmaceutical company Feron. The main therapeutic effect is exerted by alpha-2 interferon, however, auxiliary components also serve to enhance treatment
- It also contains vitamin E and vitamin C. The drug acts in a complex manner, it inhibits the development of viral infection, inhibits chlamydial infection, prevents the growth of tumor cells and has a stimulating effect on the immune system
- Excipients (vitamins) that are part of the drug have a pronounced antocidal effect. This significantly contributes to the early onset of the therapeutic effect, because with any disease in the body, the accumulation of harmful metabolic products
- Vitamins, in turn, contribute to the normalization of the process of redox reactions and serve as protection for exposure to healthy cells of medicinal substances
The form of release of the drug is important. The drug is available in the form of:
• Rectal suppository
And of course, the purpose of the drug in one form or another of release carries indications for use.
Indications for use
"Viferon" - the gel is indicated for:
• Frequent diseases of acute respiratory infections in children for prevention and treatment
• Treatment and prevention of chronic infection with herpes virus in women at any location
• Stenosing laryngotracheitis in children with frequent relapses for its prevention and treatment
"Viferon" - ointment is used for:
• Treatment of warts, papillomas, genital warts (human papillomovirus)
• Damage to the skin and mucous membranes with herpes infection
"Viferon" -rectal suppositories are prescribed for:
• In chronic hepatitis of viral etiology (C, B, D) in both children and adults. Application is possible in combination with hemosorption and plasmapheresis procedures. It is indicated for the treatment of hepatitis complicated by cirrhosis and having a high degree of activity.
• In the treatment of bacterial infection, influenza, SARS in adults and children
• In the treatment of urogenital infection in pregnant women, a different course of herpetic infection of any localization
• A variety of inflammatory and infectious pathologies in children, and in newborns, as well as in premature babies. Treatment of sepsis and intrauterine infections
Viferon for children
For therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, Viferon children are prescribed in the following doses:
• In infancy up to 6 months, a dose of 300 thousand to 500 thousand IU per day is prescribed
• At the age of 6 months to 1 year, the dose is 500 thousand IU per day
• At the age of 1 year - 7 years at a dose of 3 million IU per day
• At the age of over 7 years, the dose is 5 million IU per day
Do not use the drug on your own, as the therapeutic dose for each child is calculated individually.
The required daily dosage is divided into 2 doses every 12 hours. The course of treatment is 10 days according to the previously indicated recommendation, and then prescribed 3 times a week from 6 months to 1 year.
Children with chronic liver pathology are prescribed initial use daily for 2 weeks in combination with plasmapheresis, 1 rectal suppository 2 times every 12 hours. Under the age of 7 years, this is a dose of 150 thousand IU, older than 500 thousand IU.
• Gel prescribed for preventive purposes in acute respiratory infections and laryngotracheitis 3 times a day (5 times a day for treatment for a week, then 3 times a day) for 3 weeks, applying a hard swab to the affected tonsils. After half a year, the course is repeated. For the prevention of diseases, it is recommended to use the gel 2 times a year in the autumn-spring period of diseases. For the treatment of chronic infections in women, the use of the gel is prescribed up to 7 times a day
• Ointment applied to infected areas of the skin and mucous membranes 4-5 times a day for 1 week. Treatment must begin from the first days of the manifestation of the disease
• Rectal suppositories adults are prescribed a dose of 3 mil IU 2 times a day every 12 hours for 10 days daily, then the scheme changes. Apply candles 3 times a week for 6 months to a year. The duration of use of the drug depends on the results of laboratory tests. For infections, pregnant women are prescribed a dose of 500 thousand IU 2 times a day every 12 hours for 10 days. For the treatment of herpes virus, a dose of 1 million IU is prescribed 2 times a day, lasting 10-12 days. Pregnant women with urinary and genital tract infections at a dose of 500 thousand IU - 150 thousand IU, depending on the trimester of pregnancy
Remember that only the doctor can prescribe the dosage and treatment regimen.
- This drug has no contraindications as such, as well as noticeable side effects. However, there may be contraindications for the use of rectal suppositories as a form of release
- Suppositories are difficult to use with extensive anus hemorrhoids.
- Hypersensitivity to additional components of the drug may also serve as a contraindication to use
- In the first trimester of pregnancy, more precisely in the first 2 weeks, you should not use the drug
Viferon or anoferon?
Answering this question, it should be noted that "Viferon has no contraindications. At the same time, it has a wide range of applications and excellent efficacy.
Anaferon, in turn, has a number of contraindications and, if I may say so, has a milder effect. Compared with Viferon, this drug is not much cheaper in terms of pricing, but it is a homeopathic remedy and does not contain immunoglobulins necessary for the treatment of serious viral pathologies.
Analogs of Viferon
Component analogues of this drug do not currently exist. There are only drugs that have similar effects in the treatment of:
We did not find any negative reviews for this drug.
The benefits of the drug "Viferon", which are most often noted in the reviews.
• Used in children from birth
• Includes antioxidants
• The drug has passed all studies and is recognized as the safest to use.
• has no side effects
• Has no cumulative effect
• Not related to the group of immunostimulants
• Allowed during pregnancy and lactation